Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oh goodness - Week 3 Day 3

How am I already delinquent on posting and it is only the third week!?!  Yikes.  Gotta get on it.

So I wanted to tell you guys about a sign on a downtown dentist office that had some lovely words of wisdom this week.  Normally this sign is full cheesedom with silly puns and things of the like, but this week it says "Live a life you don't regret".  I love it.  How great are those words?  How great is that advice?  I feel like if you were to use those words to make big decisions, it would be so easy!  Maybe not, but it could be.  This week there was also an article or blog post or something going around FB written by a woman who works with people as they are dying.  She said she always asks them about any regrets they have or things they would have changed.  Throughout her years of doing this she found some common themes and this is the top 5 list (a woman after my own heart, and Rob Gordon's).  Most of them had to do with not working so hard, being closer to friends and living their own life.  Boom.  That is the whole theme of this blog and what I am trying to accomplish right now in my life - some balance and health and no regrets.  Living in the now and trying to remember that this is the only life we get so we should make it count, right?  I love these words of wisdom - live a life you don't regret.  It is a big goal but not impossible.

On that note - week 3's goal has been to keep up with week 1 and 2.   So we made exercise goals again this week and so far so good with that.  I was a little more realistic with my goals this week which seems to be serving me well.  As far as writing the thank you notes, I wrote 3 over Monday and Tuesday and have plans to respond to a new, awesome pen pal tonight.  I had another goal to drink more water and I have been rocking that now for over a week.  Woo hoo!

What were some of your goals for week 3?  Hopefully you weren't waiting around for mine.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment